This is a “must read” : Synthetic Chemicals found in newborns
Category Archives: chemicals
The Federal government is in the process of investigating 200 chemicals. The article shows the findings of the lastest batch of 17 chemicals. Some of the chemicals under investigation are found in Personal Care Products like Continue reading
Daycare evacuated due to chemicals CHQR Newsroom
It was a mixture of cleaning chemicals that forced the evacuation at a daycare Monday in the northwest community of Bowness.
Several children complained of breathing problems and staff evacuated the building and called the fire department just before 11:30 a.m.
Crews quickly found the cause and were able to clean it up.
33 children and 12 staff were relocated to a nearby school Fortunately, no one suffered any injuries.
happens here with
Norwex Enviro Products!
Just Add Water!
The Environmental Health Association of Nova Scotia has a wonderful website about the chemical hazards in personal care products and household cleaning products.
Some of the chemical hazards identified in these products are a huge wake up call for us all. Here is a summary list from their website of chemical hazards found in personal care and household products.
Some products contain ingredients that are:
- Carcinogens – cancer causing
- Developmental Toxins (sub-catagory of reproductive toxin) adverse affect on developing children
- Endocrine or hormone toxin – altering body chemistry and disrupting chemical communication in the body
- Immune system toxin – getting sick more often or getting severe infections
- Liver Toxin – disrupting metabolic functions
- Kidney Toxin – decreased ability to filter blood of normal and abnormal substances
- Mutagen – substances that alter sections of the DNA – the guide book for our cells
- Neurotoxin – affecting the nerves – central nervous system including the brain
- Reproductive Toxin – affecting male and female reproductive functions such as decreased fertility, early puberty, and miscarriages
- Respiratory Toxin – affecting the function or structure of the respiratory system – in essence making it hard to breathe
- Sensitizer – triggering individuals to have severe allergic-type reactions
- Skin Irritant – temporary and chronic skin damage
- Sense Organ Toxicant – temporary and permanant damage to senses of smell, vision, taste, and hearing
- Teratogen – (subtopic of reproductive toxin) causing damage to unborn children in utero
I am so pleased to be able offer you safer cleaning solutions to reduce your risk of chemical hazards.
“Norwex® is committed to radically reducing the use of chemicals in cleaning and personal care to promote health and to reduce the risk of poisoning and disease. More and more we are strongly emphasizing the positive environmental impact of reducing chemical use.”
MSNBC.com posted this great video: Do you know what’s in your cleaning products?
One of my favorite quotes from the video is this:
“There are about 9,000 chemicals on the market today that have not been fully tested for safety,” said Urvashi Rangan, senior scientist at Consumers Union.
Here, at safercleaning.ca, I’m so pleased to be able to offer you chemical-free cleaning that works! Oil, butter, and even grease are easy to clean with just water and Norwex® microfiber products. It truly is amazing.
Blogger Pattie Hughes tipped me off to Nitrobenzene.
Want to know where you can get it? Rubber chemicals, pesticides, dyes, and pharmaceuticals for starters. Nitrobenzene is also used in shoe and floor polishes, leather dressings, paint solvents, and other materials to mask unpleasant odors. Redistilled, as oil of mirbane, nitrobenzene has been used as an inexpensive perfume for soaps. A significant merchant market for nitrobenzene is its use in the production of the analgesic paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen) (Mannsville 1991). ”
Want to know what it will do to you?
Nitrobenzene is highly toxic (TLV 5 mg/m3) and readily absorbed through the skin.
Although nitrobenzene is not currently known to be a carcinogen, prolonged exposure may cause serious damage to the central nervous system, impair vision, cause liver or kidney damage, anemia and lung irritation. Inhalation of fumes may induce headache, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, cyanosis, weakness in the arms and legs, and in rare cases may be fatal. The oil is readily absorbed through the skin and may increase heart rate, cause convulsions or rarely death. Ingestion may similarly cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and gastrointestinal irritation. (Wikipedia) (italics added)
You don’t need to expose yourself to this and many other cleaning chemicals anymore! Here at safercleaning.ca you can shop for chemical-free Norwex® cleaning products that use only water to remove 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, and yeasts from surfaces. The dusting mitt doesn’t even need water.